Happy 2017!! Can you believe we made it through yet another grueling year of intense studies and personal hardships? Here we are, on the other side, where hope of good fortune lies. It is time to make the best of our situations and work towards the positive change that we all so desperately want within our lives.
Although I typically don’t write out New Year’s resolutions, I always participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge, to keep myself encouraged to read throughout the year. With all the chaos that semesters bring, I do most of my reading on breaks, but I usually manage to read between 25 and 35 books each year.
Here are some of the books on my “To Be Read” list for 2017. (Bolded means I have already finished the novels).
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
- Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
- Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins
- See How They Run by Ally Carter
- Take the Key and Lock Her Up by Ally Carter
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- After You by JoJo Moyes
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
I would like to read these 15 books as a part of my 30 book goal for 2017. Many of them are a part of book series that I have either started or would like to start, and I am very excited for a year full of reading!
Keeping my reading challenge is a way to keep myself accountable with reading, and I would recommend it to both avid-readers, and non-readers alike. The feeling of being completely swallowed into a book’s universe is one that should not be experienced only by some. Let 2017 be the year you read at least one book that takes you away from the worries of your world.